Admittedly, I’m not a big Valentine’s Day fan, but there is a phrase that is flying around lately that I am fully behind: self love.
This term may just be a gimmick to sell more Valentine’s Day gifts, but I think we should all be more mindful of taking the time to love and pamper ourselves. Women, especially mothers, are constantly taking care of others; it can be easy to put yourself on the back burner. Before you know it, your nails are ragged, your nerves are raw and you look exhausted (because you are).
You can’t always buy peace, but sometimes finding a product that you love and a ritual you look forward to helps motivate you to steal a little time for yourself at the end of the day. Read on for some products that make for a great night in.
- Zoe Organics Mama’s Ritual Gift Set contains an organic beeswax aromatherapy candle, an aromatherapy oil roller and a magnesium sulfate aromatherapy bath soak. The stress will melt away. Cost: $85
- Wear the La Bella Figura Beauty Bioactive Healing Mask while you’re in the bath. Manuka honey, Barbary fig seed oil, calendula extract, turmeric and jasmine essential oil calms redness, tones and cleanses the skin of impurities. Cost: $60
- During your last 15 minutes in the bath, use Rahua Omega 9 Hair Mask. Unlike other oils that coat hair strands, Ungurahua oil, rich in omega-9, consists of tiny molecules that slip into the heart of each strand to heal, fortify and soften, infusing thirsty hair with moisture. Cost: $58.
- Don’t let that long, hot bath dehydrate you! Keep a bkr glass water bottle on hand and sip frequently. Cost: $35.
- Once you’re out of the bath, slather yourself with One Love Organics Lavender Aromatic Body Serum. Lavender essential oil helps to ease tired muscles and soothe sensitive skin, rejuvenating and inspiring the spirit. Cost: $39.
- For serenity-maintenance, I love La Bella Figura Travel Therapy Botanical Mood Booster. Put this baby in your purse and roll it on whenever you’re feeling prickly. Cost: $50.
- Glide Ilia Beauty Balmy Nights onto lips before bed to exfoliate and moisturize dry lips and slip into a deep peaceful sleep. Cost: $24.