Hi there! I’ve got some exciting Beauty Heroes news to share with you today. First, the May Beauty Heroes Box is a real treat, and a brand that is new to me. I really love discovering new clean brands, but I have less and less time to do that lately – and isn’t that half the battle? Beauty Heroes truly does the work for you, and Jeannie Jarnot, their founder, personally curates (painstakingly, I might add) each month’s selection. She is incredibly discerning about ingredients, and if I weren’t interested in learning about the products myself, I would feel totally comfortable blindly trusting whatever she sent my way. Let me tell you, that is not a feeling I have very often, so I have a special appreciation for Beauty Heroes and the work they do.
Just had to rift on that for a moment – on to the May Beauty Heroes Box. This month, I opened it to find an aromatherapy oil that smells as incredible as the package is beautiful. It is by Max and Me, an Austrian brand made by Tanja and Max Gruber. They travel the world sourcing high-vibration ingredients, which penetrate deeper into the cells and work on an energetic level to align, support and energize them. Since all the ingredients are harvested at peak potency, Max and Me products have a special aromatherapeutic quality. This month’s Beauty Hero, Circle of Protection, is an aromatherapy oil that makes the user feel confident, strong and supported, and it is wonderful to use while meditating (during which you can visualize a circle of protection to further enhance these feelings). Delicately fragrant vetiver, bourbon geranium, brightening magnolia, uplifting jasmine and shielding manuka envelope the aura while high vibrations of litsea and silver fir attract cosmic protection and white light. With a regular ritual, Circle of Protection helps harmonize our inner and outer worlds, bringing a sense of balance and peace. I’ve been using this oil before bed, and it instantly grounds me and relaxes me, which is especially helpful on long, hard days. I just rub a little between my palms and on my pulse points (inside of wrists, elbows and knees, behind ears, and on the feet) and I cup my hands around my face and breathe deeply, inhaling for two counts and exhaling for three. Try it – it works so well when you’re tightly wound. I love that this month’s sidekick is a travel size bottle of Circle of Protection, which is perfect while on the go, go, go – and doesn’t it seem like that is when your spirit most needs a little TLC? They also included a sample of Enchanted, their face oil which won best in show at iBE last year. As usual, this month’s box is a great deal; for less than $40, you get over $95 worth of products, and it’s great introduction to the brand and for those who are new to aromatherapy and meditation. If you’re interested in the May Box, you can sign up here, and members get 15% off everything at the Beauty Heroes Shop, everyday.
In other Beauty Heroes news, they have also released their Seasonal Makeup Discovery, the Persistently Pink Palette by Au Naturale. Au Naturale recently relaunched their clean cosmetic line in minimalist, eco-conscious packaging, and they’ve debuted a few new products, too. Formulated with the cleanest and most sustainable organic, vegan, cruelty-free ingredients available, (this is a totally transparent, trust-worthy cosmetic brand) each swipe of color nourishes skin, lips, lids and lashes with shea butter, jojoba seed, essential oils and pure mineral pigments. It’s good stuff, and priced really well.
The Beauty Heroes Seasonal Makeup Discovery includes 4 full-size products:
- Super-Fine Powder Shadow in Ballet (value $15)
- Swipe-On Essential Eye Pencil in Coco (value $22)
- Pure Powder Blush in Pink Champagne (value $25)
- su/Stain Lip Stain in Hero (value $25)
- At first, I thought that the Supe-Fine Powder Shadow was going to be too pink for my complexion, or my liking, but when I applied it, there was minimal “fall-out” (when shadow is too dusty and it somehow lands everywhere, not just on your lid), and it somehow blended into a more subtle, universal shade, and it wore really well throughout the day.
- I wear brown eye pencil about 90% of the time I’m wearing makeup, so I’m the perfect guinea pig to test this one out. The Swipe-On Essential Eye Pencil glides right on, delivers the perfect amount of pigment, and wears really well; it smudges if you’re going for a smokey look, but if you’re just looking for a line that won’t budge, it does last all day.
- The Pure Powder Blush is a new formula, and it’s in a pump bottle. You just pump it directly onto your blush brush or the back of your hand, and it blends beautifully into skin. The color is a dead-ringer for Nars blush in Orgasm, which is the brand’s all-time best seller. This color looks great on literally everyone (it’s really all in how much you use and where you use it on the cheeks).
- My favorite product is Au Naturale’s new su/Stain Lip Stain. It meets the NSF/ANSI 305 USDA Organic standard which is very hard to do with makeup. This stain is so unique; the texture is really silky, and it doesn’t dry out lips the way some stains do. It doesn’t fade, it’s not too matte… I really can’t say enough good things about this stain. It is what you wish all lips stain would be – I will definitely be wearing this nonstop come fall/winter!
This Au Naturale collection is available to members and non-members and will be available until it sells out, or May 31, whichever come first. Like everything Beauty Heroes offers, this discovery kit is a great deal; the value of the collection is $87, but it will be on sale for $45, and Beauty Heroes members will get 15% off of that price, which is $38.25!
Whew! That was a lot, I know! Hope you are having a great week!