It’s been a while since I did a “Good For You Friday” post because it’s been a while since I’ve cooked something new. I hate cooking ruts and I am sure my husband does, too… I needed a simple, healthy recipe to make today and my girl, Giada, always delivers. This dish couldn’t be easier and it is so delicious and light. Don’t let the anchovy paste scare you; it makes the other flavors more vibrant and you can’t even taste the anchovy itself. I served the chicken and dressing over arugula, but you could use any vegetable. This recipe will be in my weekly rotation until after my next cooking rut.
| Southern Italian-Style Herbed Chicken |
- Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray (I used extra-virgin olive oil instead)
- (4) 4-oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 packed cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 packed cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
For the Chicken:
Preheat over to 425*F. Spray a heavy-rimmed baking sheet with vegetable cooking oil spray (I spread some extra-virgin olive oil in a small roasting pan). Rub the chicken with the oil, salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken pieces not the baking sheet and roast until cooked through and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165*F, about 15 minutes.
For the Dressing:
While chicken is roasting, combine the oil, onion, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, basil, mint, marjoram, rosemary, anchovy paste, salt and pepper in a food processor. Blend until chunky. (I used the Vitamix on level 2 for one minute.)
Spoon the dressing over the chicken and serve.