Well, I wish I could say I was jetting away on spring break to somewhere exotic, but that’s just not happening this year. I’m just not ready to travel with le bebé quite yet, but I can dream! One of our favorite vacations was a trip to Riviera Maya five years back with our friends George and Sally (we stayed at the Viceroy, which was amazing). It was one of those vacations where you could put a chic romper over your swimsuit, slap on a little lipgloss and mascara, and head to dinner. To me, that is ultimate luxury: true day-to-night dressing. So, if I were going there again, this is what I would pack:
- W3LL PEOPLE Bio Bronzer Chubby Stick: Cream bronzers can be tricky to use, at least for me. Applying them with a heavy hand can lead to an over-contoured face – not cute. However, I love the consistency and color (not orange at all!) of this one. I just tap it into the hollows of my cheeks, and a little on my nose. It warms up my face just enough.
- RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek in Smile: RMS lip2cheeks are great multi-taskers and they’re offered in many different versatile colors as well. A little goes a long way, so I some onto my lips, then I pat the left-over pigment onto my cheeks. For more intense color, just repeat. This stuff sinks into your skin to make it look like the blush is coming from within. What could be better? Smile is a favorite of mine; this coral-pink truly mimics sun-kissed cheeks.
- La Bella Figura Travel Therapy Mood Booster: Delayed Flight? Overweight baggage? Fear of flying? Annoying passenger sitting in the row ahead? Use this for instant relief of tension and fatigue. I apply it to pulse points (inside of wrists, elbows, behind ears) as well as on my palms – cups hands together and breathe deeply for a minute. It works.
- Ursa Major Force Field Daily Defense Lotion SPF 18: This daily SPF goes on sheer – I’m talking ZERO white, chalky, tint, people, ZERO. And, it is the absolute most lightweight natural daily untinted SPF I’ve ever tried. It is not oily, greasy, heavy, or runny, it doesn’t leave me shiny, (the finish is semi-matte) and instead of rubbing it in for 5 minutes like many other SPF’s, it sinks right into skin. Love this stuff!
- EiR Surf Mud Body Oil: will remind you of the “tropical” tanning oils you loved as a teenager. Now you’re all grown up, and you know better than to use products made with mineral oil and synthetic fragrance, but you still kind of miss them, don’t you? With organic, plant-based oils to hydrate, and organic Cocoa Powder to scavenge free radicals (while smelling delicious), you can now safely reminisce.
- Osea Malibu Ocean Cleansing Mudd: I love the feeling of this tingling peppermint-y mud! It’s a perfect cooling-cleansing treatment after a day in the sun. This formula is great for combo, oily and acne-prone skin; it cleanses deeply without stripping skin.
- RMS Beauty Coconut Oil Wipes: These wipes are great for removing makeup at the end of the day. And, you didn’t hear this from me, but if you’ve had a few cocktails and can’t bear to wash your face before bed one night, these will be your best friend. They’re also great for an after-sun treatment. They feel so good on skin.
All of these items are available at Follain – get 10% off with code FOLLAINFRIENDS.
What’s your number one skincare or cosmetic when packing for a tropical locale?